Chicken dishes are huge in our family, especially when they involved cheese. This is most likely why we like Chicken Parmesan meals so much. What makes them better? Turning the Chicken Parmesan into a baked pasta dish.
Make your baked pasta into a one pot meal
Not only is this a super easy meal to make, but if you own an iron skillet, you can make your Chicken Parmesan Baked Pasta into a one pot meal. Fewer dishes, great meal, what could be better?
- Coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 12 oz box of shells pasta
- 1 - 1-1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Preheat oven to 475.
Pan fry the chicken breast pieces in a little coconut oil until cooked thoroughly.
In large skillet heat oil, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, and salt for about 1-2 minutes.
Add the water, chicken broth, and pasta and stir. Bring mixture to a boil and then cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Be sure to stir the pasta often.
Once pasta is tender, move items to a baking dish and stir in 3/4 - 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, pepper, and chicken.
Sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 5-10 minutes.
Garnish with fresh basil.
This recipe is adapted from Tracey’s Culinary Adventures.