These looked like they would be really good cookies, minus the coconut of course. Since I already made some cookies for the husband, I decided to make these without the coconut so I could enjoy them even if I’m not a huge fan of oatmeal cookies.
Thaddeus wanted to help with the baking!
Adapted from the original recipe in The Great American Cookie Cookbook page 17.
- 3/4 cups 1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups "M&M's" Chocolate Mini Baking Bits
- 1 cup Chocolate Chip Mini's
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet(s)
Cream butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
Combine oats, flour, baking powder, and baking soda and blend into cream mixture.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased cooking sheet(s).
Bake 13-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet(s) and then move to wire racks to completely cool.
*Original recipe calls for 1 cup shredded coconut (to be added when chocolate chips, M&M's, and nuts are added). Original recipe does not call for 1 cup of Chocolate Chip Mini's. Store in a tightly covered container.