I would like to introduce you to a group I just found out about, One eskimO.
Some tidbits about One eskimO
- One eskimO is a critically-acclaimed English band fronted by singer-songwriter Kristian Leontiou and includes musicians Pete Rinaldi (guitar), Jamie Sefton (bass, horns) and Adam Falkner (drums).
- They currently have the #1 adult alternative song called ‘Kandi’ which you may have already heard since it’s the most played song on all adult rock radio 4 weeks and counting
- Billboard Magazine calls One eskimO’s self-titled debut album “…catchy, ambient pop.” and Los Angeles Times Magazine hails the song “Kandi” “a beautiful, aspirational track.” The album is available in stores now.
- The album release comes in tandem with a full length animated film. “Hometime”, one of the tracks that an animated short was first done with proved to be quite a sensation. It received numerous honors at film festivals around the world, as well as a 2008 British Animation Award.
- Band is on tour May/June/July supporting Michael Franti and in addition to festivals and headlining shows
Tracks from new album
- Simple Day
- Givin Up
- All Balloons
- Chosen One
May 22 – Lincoln Theatre – Raleigh NC USA
May 23 – The Melting Point (solo date) – Athens GA USA
May 24 – The Orange Peel – Asheville NC USA
May 25 – The Music Farm – Charleston SC USA
May 26 – Smith’s Olde Bar (solo date) – Atlanta GA USA
Jun 01 – The Guvernment – Toronto ON CAN
Jun 03 – The Beach at Governors Island – New York NY USA
Jun 04 – House of Blues – Boston MA USA
Jun 05 – Camplain Valley Exposition – Essex Junction VT USA
Jun 06 – Mountain Jam Festival – Hunter NY USA
Jun 08 – Royal Oak Music Theatre – Royal Oak MI USA
Jun 09 – Orbit Room – Grand Rapids MI USA
Jun 12 – Minglewood Hall – Memphis TN USA
Jun 13 – Crossroads – Kansas City MO USA
Jun 15 – Blueberry Hill (solo date) – St. Louis MO USA
Jun 17 – 3rd & Lindsley (solo date) – Nashville TN USA
Jun 18 – Southgate House (solo date) – Newport KY USA
Jun 19 – Taste of Randolph Street (solo date) – Chicago IL USA
Jun 20 – People’s Court (solo date) – Des Moines IA USA
Jun 21 – Waiting Room (solo date) – Omaha NE USA
Jun 28 – Largo (solo date) – Los Angeles CA USA
Aug 14 – The Fields at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park – Mile High Festival – Denver, CO USA
You can check One eskimO out on Facebook, follow them on Twitter, check them out on YouTube, purchase their Deluxe Edition on iTunes. If you’d like to get a free copy of their song Astronauts you can go here and tweet for your free copy!
I love finding out about new music groups, especially when they are not played on a radio station that I normally listen to. I’m a huge country fan, don’t know why or when it really started, but my radio is always on the country station. Now, I’m not saying I don’t like other music, because I do. I grew up listening to everything, well just about everything. Being a 70′s baby, I remember listening to the 70′s rock groups because of my mom, the 80′s heavy metal bands because of my brother, and I listened to pop & rap as a child. Yeah, we pretty much had everything covered between the three of us. Anyway, over the years, I’ve grown to love listing to just about everything.
Well, when I was given the opportunity to check out a new album from a group I had never heard of, I was all for it and signed up almost immediately. As I write this review, I have their Kandi video (video is embeded above) playing in another screen!
I am so glad that I signed up for this opportunity! I LOVE the album! The sound is so smooth, it’s very relaxing, and it’s current! I can’t say enough how much I love it and I can’t wait to put the album on my iPhone so I can listen to it while working out, walking, or just sitting out on the porch or yard while enjoying the beautiful weather. If you’ve never heard of them or even if you have, you need to check them out!
Disclosure: I would like to thank the One2One Network for providing me with a copy of the One eskimO CD for the purpose of this review. All opinions are that of my own.